Here we are again. This time around we chat about some new gear we each got and give a little advice if you're going to go buy some yourself. We talk about working a convention with your developers. And answer a bunch of good questions you sent us.
Telefunkin M82 http://www.telefunken-
Shure SM7B http://www.shure.com/americas/products/microphones/sm/sm7bvocal-microphone
Sony PCMD50 http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cataudio/resource.latest.bbsccmsassets-cataudiolatestpcmd50.shtml
Working a Conference: 00:05:50
The List https://www.patreon.com/creation?hid=855193&rf=177452
Matthew’s postconference interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVxfgI5BVJE
1. 00:24:40 Chris Trevino: What sort of documentation do you use to keep track of versions/edits of material while you're in development? Everything down from your DAW session naming schemes, excel spreadsheets, and sound file names. What bread crumbs do you leave yourself to get back to your source files and keep on top of version control?
2. 00:29:45 Todd Enyeart: What are your cats favorite treats?
3. 00:30:35 Jack Menhorn: Pro Tools 12 thoughts? Chris Trevino: And could you touch base on Pro Tools First? http://www.avid.com/US/products/protoolssoftware
4. 00:34:42 Shane Gravestock: How do you approach the direction and esthetics of sound design on a project you have complete creative freedom on?
5. 00:41:22 Steve Stems: I like hearing about any plugins you guys keep going back to, like Decapitator from Sound Toys. http://www.soundtoys.com/
Flamingo! trailer http://radiostatic.co/flamingo/
6. 00:43:35 Alex Yllarramendy: Something about you or your YVR SD community about localization and deliveries to other markets?
7. 00:47:47 Christian Linder: Not directly audio related, but do you think Windows 10 will offer new possibilities for indie devs to develop for PC and Xbox?
8. 00:48:43 Luca Fusi: Templates. Do you use them? How many/for what? What’s in them? Alternately, your favorite endofchain mastering and sweetener effects?
Show notes by Kate Kelly from San Francisco, California kabakel.com.